- Lead Safe
- About Us
Galvin Engineering Pty Ltd's purpose is to provide ‘Water Solutions for a Healthier Environment’. We are a strong advocate of sustainability, looking after the earth and its natural resources. As such, this commitment to a healthier environment extends to all aspects of our business, our community, and the planet we live on. We are especially passionate about recycling waste and preserving Australia’s lands, waterways, coastlines, wildlife, vegetation, and climate.
Galvin Engineering is an ISO 14001 certified Australian family-owned business.
We design, manufacture, and supplie specialised taps, water management systems and fixtures, to the health, education, and correction markets. Our range includes a wide range of environmentally responsible products that are designed to be healthier for users, save water and/or energy, and minimise carbon footprint.
The Owners and the Board have decided that by 2025, Galvin Engineering should reduce its carbon footprint by 25%, and reduce the use of non-recyclable or non-compostable materials (eg. plastics) by 50%.
Galvin Engineering is committed to protecting the environment by:
- Providing necessary resources to ensure the Company can meet the requirements of ISO 14001 and the Sustainability and Environmental Policy.
- Ensuring system and procedures are understood, implemented, and maintained at all levels in the organisation.
- Supporting the efforts of the Engagement Committee, which consists of employees from different departments of the Company, to implement new initiatives aimed at improving the environment.
- Promoting internal awareness by supporting projects that seek solutions to environmental problems and improve the sustainability of the global environment.
- Providing a leadership role in the wider community by actively encouraging Employees to promote environmental awareness and sustainability outside of the workplace to family and friends.
- Integrating environmental stewardship into all facets of our operations.
- Fostering the sustainable use of the Earth’s resources by careful selection of environmentally responsible suppliers.
- Complying with all Industry, State, and Federal environmental laws and regulations.
Galvin Engineering Employees have a responsibility to protect Australia’s unique environment and way of life in every reasonable way possible. In support of this policy, Galvin Engieering commits to the following strategic environmental objectives.
- Recycle wood, paper, sand, plastic, and metals as much as practicable, with zero recyclables to landfill.
- Integrate sound environmental practices and compliance into design and decision-making processes, in consideration of the potential impact of activities on the environment.
- Only support suppliers who share similar environmental and sustainability philosophies and practices.
- Only support suppliers who do not endorse or engage in worker exploitation, slavery, or child labour.
- Continue to develop safe and innovative water and energy saving products.
- Adopt cost effective practices to eliminate, minimise or mitigate environmental impacts.
- Establish appropriate environmental performance indicators to guide our efforts and measure our progress and performance.
- Achieve compliance with all applicable environmental requirements.
- Reduce our carbon footprint as much as practical and monitor greenhouse gas emissions against the standards set by the NGERS (National Green House and Energy Reporting Scheme).
- Monitor and continually improve the Environmental Management System that is consistent with the requirements of ISO 14001, and effectively train Employees and Contractors on all systems involved with environmental management.
Our initiatives include, but are not limited to:
- The use of water and energy efficient devices.
- The use of recycled paper and product packaging materials.
- Minimising the use of plastics and non-compostable or recyclable packaging.
- The re-use and recycling of used paper, cardboard packaging, and wood waste.
- The return to recycling companies of used batteries, printer cartridges, mobile phones, and computer equipment.
- The use of energy efficient lighting in offices and the factory.
- Minimising the use of air conditioners and heaters.
- The design and manufacture of innovative water and energy efficient products.
- Continual redesign of products and improvements in processes to reduce waste.
- The ongoing auditing of Supplier’s environmental and sustainability practices.
- The reuse of scrap and reject metals in the Foundry.
- The re-use of sand used in the Foundry - cleaned and supplied to other companies.
- The use of extraction fans and filtration systems for Foundry emissions.
- The active promotion and support of community or government initiatives aimed at protecting and improving the environment.
Accountability for the systems & procedures that enable this policy, and auditing of the Environmental Management System, lies with the Compliance Manager. Ultimate accountability for compliance with this policy is held by the General Manager, with the support of the Directors.