- Lead Safe
- About Us
As a long standing and ethical Australian family-owned business, Galvin Engineering is committed to the community. We support initiatives that contribute to the community and undertake to donate to several worthy charities each year.
The Owner’s wish to support community initiatives and charities that are aligned to their purpose & values and, where possible, directly support people and organisations in the niche markets in which Galvin Engineering operates (i.e. mental health, clinical health, assisted care, and education).
The Owners & Board have agreed that each year 2.5% of the pre-tax profit from the approved financial budget will be donated to approved community initiatives and charities.
Charities selected need to be Government approved, registered as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR), and be for the benefit of fellow Australians.
In addition, an Engagement Committee comprised of Employees from different departments in the Company will hold the responsibility to promote philanthropic and community initiatives and, within the guidelines and processes provided, determine the recipients of the 25% annual donation budget.
The values to be allocated will be decided during the budget process; however, the following will hold true:
75% of the annual donation budget is to be put towards organisations selected by the Owners.
25% of the annual donation budget is to be put towards organisations selected by the Engagement Committee.
Additionally, we are proud to support the following community contributions:
- Blood Donations: We are a 'Club Red' corporate blood donor for The Australian Red Cross Blood Service. This involves team members donating blood quarterly as a Company group.
- Charitable Leave: We encourage permanent employees to undertake volunteer work for charities or community groups. To support this, the Galvin Engineering will reimburse annual leave which has been taken for approved charitable purposes, of up to a total of 5 days per year or pro rata for part time employees. This is at the discretion and prior approval of the General Manager.
- People Living with Disabilities: We encourage and support the safe employment of people living with disabilities or those requiring assistance.
- Employee Sponsorship: We welcome the opportunity to sponsor employee involvement in activities that benefit the community and are in line with our values and purpose.
- Skill Improvement: The training of all our employees is an opportunity to improve people’s quality of life and sense of achievement. The Company supports the development of apprentices, interns, and trainees and existing employees wishing to further their skill set in line with their role.
Accountability for the procedures that enable this policy lies with the People & Culture Manager. Ultimate accountability for compliance with this policy is held by the General Manager, with the support of the Directors.