- Lead Safe
- About Us
As a long standing and ethical Australian family-owned business, Galvin Engineering is committed to the community.
Each year 2.5% of the pre-tax profit from the approved financial budget is allocated for donation to approved community initiatives and charities.
The values to be allocated are decided during the budget process; however, the following will hold true:
75% of the annual donation budget is to be put towards organisations selected by the Owners.
25% of the annual donation budget is to be put towards organisations selected by the Engagement Committee.
Charities selected need to be Government approved, registered as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR), and be for the benefit of fellow Australians.
Each year, an Engagement Committee comprised of Employees from various departments in the Company, promote philanthropic and community initiatives and, within the guidelines and processes provided, determine the recipients of the allocated 25% of the annual donation budget.
This financial year, we are proud to be supporting a vast array of very worthy causes including:
Employee Community Contributions
As a company, we are proud to support the following community contributions:
- Blood Donations: We are a 'Club Red' corporate blood donor for The Australian Red Cross Blood Service. This involves team members donating blood quarterly as a Company group.
- Charitable Leave: We encourage permanent employees to undertake volunteer work for charities or community groups. To support this, the Galvin Engineering will reimburse annual leave which has been taken for approved charitable purposes, of up to a total of 5 days per year or pro rata for part time employees. This is at the discretion and prior approval of the General Manager.
- People Living with Disabilities: We encourage and support the safe employment of people living with disabilities or those requiring assistance.
- Employee Sponsorship: We welcome the opportunity to sponsor employee involvement in activities that benefit the community and are in line with our values and purpose.
- Skill Improvement: The training of all our employees is an opportunity to improve people’s quality of life and sense of achievement. The Company supports the development of apprentices, interns, and trainees and existing employees wishing to further their skill set in line with their role.