The GalvinCare® anti-ligature grab rails provide safe and reliable fixtures for ambulant and accessible areas in mental health, psychiatric clinics, hospitals and detention facilities to help mitigate the risk of self-harm.
- Standard powder coated white finish to help create a more normalised environment.
- One end of the grab rail has an angled cap to prevent ligatures. This is installed at the top of a vertical rail or whichever end of a horizontal rail is most convenient.
- One end remains open for easy drainage and cleaning. This minimises infection control risks associated with other in-filled grab rails.
- Easy to use - to grip the handrail correctly the fingers should curl around the bar with the thumb supporting from the outside.
- Generally meets the requirements as fit for purpose of AS 1428.1-2009.
- Available in other colours such as Shale Grey, Black Glass, Cottage Green, Wineberry, Pommel Blue (must be specified when ordering).
- Configuration: Available in lengths up to 6m in length. Can be mitre joined at 30, 45, or 90 degrees
- Fixings: Rails have countersunk fixing points to suit 12G Screw head
- Finishes: Powder Coated
In the absence of a legal or industry definition of anti-ligature or ligature resistant products, when we use these terms, we are referring to products that are designed and manufactured with the intention of reducing the risk of ligature attachment to the product(s). Galvin Engineering Pty Ltd will always endeavour to design and test our anti-ligature product(s) to reduce the risk of product ligature attachment that may result in serious injury or death. Whilst all reasonable measures are taken at the time of design, the anti-ligature design of the products are not intended to and will not: a. Replace protective measures that need to be taken in the specific circumstances of usage; b. Substitute the need for supervision of those who may be at risk; c. Protect and or prevent those at risk against any self-harm instances that may occur when installed; and d. Protect and or prevent injury when the risks where unknown to us at the time of the design of the product(s). Galvin Engineering Pty Ltd does not offer and does not represent or warrant that any product(s) for sale that are ligature-free. Therefore, Galvin Engineering will not be liable for any claims, loss, or damages arising from ligature attachment on our products. It is the purchaser's responsibility to ensure that products purchased and installed are suitable for the environments in which they are installed, and suitable supervision and protective measures are in place to protect those at risk
- The prices on this website are indicative only, and are the Recommended Retail Price for stores and online sites selling Galvin Engineering products.
- The actual pricing charged will ultimately be decided by those stores and online sites selling Galvin Engineering products. Stores selling Galvin Engineering products are listed on our website here.
- The prices are in AUD, are inclusive of GST, are exclusive of freight, and are subject to change without notice.