Hand hygiene is an important part of any infection control program to reduce the risk of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs), By minimising cross-contamination that can occur through touching of door handles, taps and other everyday items germs can be effectively stopped in a simple and easy way. In our quest to provide solutions for better health and safer communities, we are proud to offer a new range of handles with germ protection:
Our anti-microbial germ-shield® handle range
The revolutionary anti-microbial germ-shield® coating system provides effective control against bacteria, mould and fungi thanks to its silver micro composites.
How it works
The Ag+ silver ions in the coating interact with bacteria cells in three distinct ways:
- Damage cell membrane1
- Displace Ca2+ and Zn2+ ions1
- Interact with cell molecules containing sulphur, oxygen or nitrogen2
4 reasons to love the germ-shield® handle
- Reduces colony forming units by 99.996%* and protects against over 650 species of bacteria commonly found in hospital environments
- Proven high durability and resistance to alcohol wipes (IPA) and most cleaning solvents
- Aesthetically pleasing satin finish for easy identification and distinguishment from non-anti-microbial handles
Contact us at email@example.com to add germ-shield® to your tapware selection.
1 Sondi I, et al. Journal of Colloid Interface Science, 2004, 275: 177-182
2 Dowling DP, et al., Thin Solid Films, 2001, 398: 602-606
* tested against Staphylococcus Aureus (golden staph) and Escherichia Coli according to industry standard JIS Z 2801:200 by Monash University in January 2009 – these claims are supported for Australia only.